+32 (0)3 870 69 70 info@dbp.be download center
EN

1928
In their free time, Louis De Brucker and Francis Pluym start out for themselves making stamping dies for prams and bicycles. 

1935
The duo establishes a small company in Hoboken dedicated to the metalworking industry. Brucker & Pluym BVBA, abbreviated to DBP, is born. They operate from a space behind the bakery belonging to Mr De Brucker senior, producing bakelite forms for phones.

1939
DBP moves to larger premises in Golfstraat in Wilrijk, and starts producing its own moulds.

1942
During the Second World War, the German occupants require DBP to produce all kinds of parts. A few years later, the company was obliged to justify itself before the civil court, and was eventually completely exonerated.

1950
DBP develops the legendary plastic bread box invented by Francis Pluym. Even today, the bread box remains one of DBP’s bestsellers. 

1953
Purchase of the first warehouse (1000 m²), where the first 5 injection machines (Battenfeld) are installed. The first DBP product folder also appears in this year.

1956
A second 1500 m² warehouse is built, and new injection moulding machines (Ankerwerk) are added to the company’s machinery.

1960
DBP manufactures the famous ice cream boxes for customer Ijsboerke. DBP soon notices that many people keep the boxes to use in the freezer. As a result, DBP launches as pioneer the still very popular white deep-freeze boxes with blue lids.

1966
DBP moves to new premises in its current site in Terbekehofdreef in Wilrijk, in the brand new industrial zone. Ever since this date, DBP specialises in the production of household goods, kitchen products and food packaging. The children of both founders join the company at this time, making it a true family business. Brothers Frans and Jos De Brucker concentrate on the technical and production section, while the daughter of Francis Pluym takes responsibility for the commercial side of the company.

1980
Under Jos De Brucker, son of founder Louis, the now well-known in-mould labelling (IML) system is introduced. This revolutionary system provides products with a plastic label instead of a paper wrapper. In collaboration with Unilever, plans are made for a large project to produce margarine containers.

1992
The Pluym family leaves the company. Brothers Jos and Frans De Brucker, sons of founder Frans, buy up all the shares of the company. The company changes its name to DBP Plastics NV. As part of the project with Unilever, the brothers found Label Plastics, a company that works exclusively for Unilever and specialises in IML. A second factory is built behind the existing factory for the purpose. Meanwhile, a third generation of the De Brucker family joins the company.

1999
Label Plastics is sold to the English multinational Rexam.

2004
Among other investments, a second manufacturing area is built to increase production capacity.

2010
Myriam De Brucker takes over as general manager, and invests heavily in innovation and sustainability as a strategy for the future.

Site by [B.ad - Plenso]    --   © 2015-2016 DBP Plastics LTD – All rights reserved   --   cookie policy   --   privacy policy   --   disclaimer   --   terms and conditions   --   RPR Antwerpen   --   IBAN: BE36320028005081
This website uses cookies in order to improve your surfing experience. Learn more. By continuing to browse this website you are agreeing to our use of cookies